Cut-glass Chandelier by Osler & Co with ten lights on two tiers
test

Cut-glass Chandelier by Osler & Co with ten lights on two tiers

1510

Cut-glass Chandelier by Osler & Co with ten lights on two tiers:
in the 18th Century style; dressed overall with graduated festoons of pear shaped pendants. By Osler & Co. of Birmingham, circa 1910, restored, the metalwork re-silver plated and rewired.

Height: 37.0" - 94.0cm
Width: 33.0" - 84.0cm
Projection: 0.0" - 0.0cm

Osler & Co. (F & C)

Founded in Birmingham, England, in 1807, F & C Osler produced some of the most magnificent and imaginative items ever to come from a glass manufacturer. Thomas Osler, his sons, Follett and Clarkson, and after 1831, his nephew Abraham, were known for their exquisitely cut glass, often combined with fine gilded-metal mounts and framework, produced by their own craftsmen. From about 1840, they had established good contacts with the Middle East and had a gallery in Calcutta, India. Osler made an extravagant cut glass fountain for the centre of The Great Exhibition in 1851. They continued making chandeliers of the highest quality until well into the 20th century. In 1924, they took over the well-known lighting manufacturer Faraday Ltd. and went on producing light fittings until the 1970s.

English 'pear' pendant

Pear-shaped cut-glass pendant with a facetted front and pointed star back.

Thank you

This is sample alert content.