Fifteen candle branch cut glass Chandelier by Perry & Co.
Fifteen candle branch cut glass Chandelier by Perry & Co.:
the candle branches with petal-edged cups and pans on two tiers, with two further tiers of spire ornaments and scrolls above; dressed with graduated festoons of ‘double star’ prisms and ‘pear’ pendants, with a faceted sphere finial.
Circa 1860, restored and wired with electric candles, the metalwork silver-plated.
Provenance: Charles Baring, 2nd Baron Howick of Glendale, Howick Hall, near Alnwick, Northumberland. Director of Barings Bank 1969-1982. January 1972.