Cut glass Vase with decorative gilded mount marked ‘OSLER’

Cut glass Vase with decorative gilded mount marked ‘OSLER’

Cut glass Vase with decorative gilded mount marked ‘OSLER’

6615

Cut glass Vase with decorative gilded mount marked ‘OSLER’:
the vase with petal edge, cut with double swagged design, with finely chased gilt band to neck; the gilded mount with leaf motif and handle with griffin finial.
Stamped ‘OSLER’ on base of one leaf. Circa 1900, restored.

Height:6"-15.5cm
Width:6"-15.5cm
Projection:5¼"-13.5cm
Glossary Words

Osler & Co. (F & C)

Founded in Birmingham, England, in 1807, F & C Osler produced some of the most magnificent and imaginative items ever to come from a glass manufacturer. Thomas Osler, his sons, Follett and Clarkson, and after 1831, his nephew Abraham, were known for their exquisitely cut glass, often combined with fine gilded-metal mounts and framework, produced by their own craftsmen. From about 1840, they had established good contacts with the Middle East and had a gallery in Calcutta, India. Osler made an extravagant cut glass fountain for the centre of The Great Exhibition in 1851. They continued making chandeliers of the highest quality until well into the 20th century. In 1924, they took over the well-known lighting manufacturer Faraday Ltd. and went on producing light fittings until the 1970s.

Thank you

This is sample alert content.