Large cut-glass Chandelier by Osler with twenty-four lights on two tiers

Large cut-glass Chandelier by Osler with twenty-four lights on two tiers

Large cut-glass Chandelier by Osler with twenty-four lights on two tiers

6570

Large cut-glass Chandelier by Osler with twenty-four lights on two tiers:
the notch-cut branches with cross-cut cups and pans, and above,
twelve scrolls with spire ornaments; dressed with graduated festoons
of ‘single-star’ prisms and pear-shaped and circular pendants.
Circa 1900, by Osler & Co of Birmingham, England and restored.

Height:90"-248.0cm
Width:54"-137.0cm

festoon

A hanging garland of prisms or flowers.

Osler & Co. (F & C)

Founded in Birmingham, England, in 1807, F & C Osler produced some of the most magnificent and imaginative items ever to come from a glass manufacturer. Thomas Osler, his sons, Follett and Clarkson, and after 1831, his nephew Abraham, were known for their exquisitely cut glass, often combined with fine gilded-metal mounts and framework, produced by their own craftsmen. From about 1840, they had established good contacts with the Middle East and had a gallery in Calcutta, India. Osler made an extravagant cut glass fountain for the centre of The Great Exhibition in 1851. They continued making chandeliers of the highest quality until well into the 20th century. In 1924, they took over the well-known lighting manufacturer Faraday Ltd. and went on producing light fittings until the 1970s.
Further Information
20-light - 2427

Thank you

This is sample alert content.