Glass and mirrored Table Centre from Althorp with 14 candle branches
Glass and mirrored Table Centre from Althorp with 14 candle branches:
each group of candle branches raised on four glass pillars; joined with three large glass arches surmounted by a trumpet vase and scrolls; dressed with chains and festoons of glass ball pendants and star rosettes; the round ended rectangular base with mirrored flower troughs, removable liners and two central circular medallions bearing the Spencer family crest; with plaques showing Victorian diamond shaped Registration Marks for March 1868 and Phillips & Pearce, 155 New Bond Street (London).
Provenance: Althorp, Northamptonshire. Bought by John Poyntz, 5th Earl Spencer, ‘The Red Earl’, and photographed at a grand banquet in the 1880s at Dublin Castle.