Pair of cut-glass Lanterns to the design of Osler 1920

Pair of cut-glass Lanterns to the design of Osler 1920

Pair of cut-glass Lanterns to the design of Osler 1920

6340

Pair of cut-glass Lanterns to the design of Osler 1920: with spherical diamond-cut ball shade with vertical ribs; with leafy cut canopy and tear drop pendants, the top crowned with ears and clear ball finials.

Height:16.0"-42.0cm
Width:7.0"-18.0cm
Projection:0.0"-0.0cm
Glossary Words

Osler & Co. (F & C)

Founded in Birmingham, England, in 1807, F & C Osler produced some of the most magnificent and imaginative items ever to come from a glass manufacturer. Thomas Osler, his sons, Follett and Clarkson, and after 1831, his nephew Abraham, were known for their exquisitely cut glass, often combined with fine gilded-metal mounts and framework, produced by their own craftsmen. From about 1840, they had established good contacts with the Middle East and had a gallery in Calcutta, India. Osler made an extravagant cut glass fountain for the centre of The Great Exhibition in 1851. They continued making chandeliers of the highest quality until well into the 20th century. In 1924, they took over the well-known lighting manufacturer Faraday Ltd. and went on producing light fittings until the 1970s.
Further Information
Similar single at Ref. 6543

Thank you

This is sample alert content.