Cut glass and gilded Osler Centrepiece with six outer posy vases

Cut glass and gilded Osler Centrepiece with six outer posy vases

Cut glass and gilded Osler Centrepiece with six outer posy vases

6618

Cut glass and gilded Osler Centrepiece with six outer posy vases:
the large oval diamond-cut centre bowl with six outside posy vases; in gilded stand with six typical Osler lion paw feet.
Marked Osler to inside of one leg, circa 1900, and restored.

Height:10"-25.5cm
Width:18"-46.0cm
Projection:15"-38.0cm
Glossary Words

Osler & Co. (F & C)

Founded in Birmingham, England, in 1807, F & C Osler produced some of the most magnificent and imaginative items ever to come from a glass manufacturer. Thomas Osler, his sons, Follett and Clarkson, and after 1831, his nephew Abraham, were known for their exquisitely cut glass, often combined with fine gilded-metal mounts and framework, produced by their own craftsmen. From about 1840, they had established good contacts with the Middle East and had a gallery in Calcutta, India. Osler made an extravagant cut glass fountain for the centre of The Great Exhibition in 1851. They continued making chandeliers of the highest quality until well into the 20th century. In 1924, they took over the well-known lighting manufacturer Faraday Ltd. and went on producing light fittings until the 1970s.

Thank you

This is sample alert content.